• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frusterating!

mudmedia

I have never used avery before, but it was a last minute decision and one I regret.

I bought the avery supercast wrap kit from fellers I cannot get this avery DOL laminate to not wrinkle in the laminator. Here is my process but maybe I am doing something wrong, I have never had this issue with 3M 8519 nor Oracal 290, heck with any laminate i've used, but this stuff SUCKS!

Can anyone tell me if there's a special formula for success using this stuff through a laminator?

I roll the laminate with backing down past the 2 rollers, then I pull the backing off the laminate and tape it in 3 places to my take up core. This is where I cannot get the avery to sit nice and flat over the two rollers before I push in with a piece of corrugated plastic.

I normally push in with the corrugated plastic to straight it out and use it as a feeder piece but the avery just never flattens back out.

Its frustrating when you have prints that need to be laminated, any help would be much appreciated.

Cale Frederick

I can't picture what you're describing....but I loop it around (lam and backer), tape to take up core, then only once there's even tension left to right I take a sharp blade and slit JUST the laminate, then flop that down over the top roller.

Then I poke and pull at it until the tension is even....then shove a 4mm coroplast sled through it. Sometimes the tension is still off....so then you can either restart or use a sacrificial piece of paper or vinyl, which usually gets rid of it since it's the same thickness as what you'll actually be laminating.

Hope that makes sense..... but there shouldn't be anything more complicated from one brand to the next. And I know all the liners vary in thickness etc. but the technique is the same.

Same here only once I slit the lam and run it through the rollers I pull it through and tack it to the back of the laminator, insert Kraft paper and lower the rollers. We pretty much use Avery 1460 or 1380 for everything and rarely have any issues.

mudmedia

Yeah sorry it is a lot to try to picture, should have shot a video or something.

After cooling off i was able to get it I had to get a longer piece of vinyl to start it to straighten out. I hate laminating with a passion. A lot of people complain about printers I only complain about laminating lol.

Thanks guys

redbarn

i have a 36" cold laminator that i use for mounting a great deal. I accidentally bought a backwound roll of laminate. that thing brought me to tears of rage more than once, feel your pain.