• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Frustrated with these guys!

IanZane

I'll Stick, Spray or Paint Anything!
I'm working with the brothers Mutoh. VersaJet 1604A & Ultima SC-1400D. And they don't play well. I have worked many different peripherals and brands over the years and have never had the level of frustration & issues as I have with these 2. I know they are an older set-up, but it's all I have to work with. My problem is this. I'm having a hard time finding the latest driver for my Mutoh Ultima SC-1400D. I recently updated my operating system on my windows machine (running 10, 64 bit) and I guess it dumped it. The Mutoh website is absolutely the least user friendly site I've seen in a long time. It doesn't seem to have it. Or maybe I just didn't see it. Is this equipment to old for them not to have the latest driver for it out? I cannot even contour cut now. Anyone who can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Umca

I am not sure about the Ultima but for next generation - Mutoh Kona plotter was solution for install driver for Windows 10. It recommends to load OS in troubleshooting mode with disable driver signature enforcement. Install the driver in that mode. Then reload OS as usual. It works with Kona. Try with Ultima.

IanZane

IanZane

Umca & Henryp,
Just a follow up to the driver issue I was having. That has been resolved and Thanks Big Time for that as I now have connectivity to my station. But like I said initially, These guys don't surprise me anymore. I've sent my job that I needed to . It's 13' long and 40" tall, cut on 24" vinyl so there's a seam. Goes on a billboard. No biggie. Right? Nope. I'm cutting regular calendared film. Did 3 test on point test cuts and weeded like a dream. Send the file. But I only cut one panel, just because of my apprehension. Looks great! Wonderful! Nope. Looks good but it cut through everything on some paths, and not even through the vinyl on all the letters, except the "O" where it totally cut it out of the vinyl while finishing the file. Now I had set the blade just a tad longer than needed. But it seems the cutter put extra force on it during that portion of the cut. Tried to reset it and test cut again. Same results on 2nd panel cut. I slept on it over the weekend and now I'm going to check the settings in the production manager (running Flexi). Cant believe I didn't think of that on Friday. Maybe disable production manager settings and run it through the cutters settings. Is it possible there would be a conflict between the 2? I think only one can be run at a time. Right? I'm Not making excuses, just trying to figure this out. I'm going to try to post pics shortly. At least now it has a rough hand lettered look to it. Fine for the viewing distance.

Umca

If you made a correct plotter selection the conflict is impossible. Software settings overwrites the plotter settings. So, if some parameters did not set in software the paramater for cut takes from the plotter. Actually, I used EasySign software for cut. But Flexi build same principes.

IanZane

If you made a correct plotter selection the conflict is impossible. Software settings overwrites the plotter settings. So, if some parameters did not set in software the paramater for cut takes from the plotter. Actually, I used EasySign software for cut. But Flexi build same principes.

I'll check it out. Got another fire to put out first.

Howell

North Florida Printing Co. Inc. / Flash Wraps
Umca & Henryp,
Just a follow up to the driver issue I was having. That has been resolved and Thanks Big Time for that as I now have connectivity to my station. But like I said initially, These guys don't surprise me anymore. I've sent my job that I needed to . It's 13' long and 40" tall, cut on 24" vinyl so there's a seam. Goes on a billboard. No biggie. Right? Nope. I'm cutting regular calendared film. Did 3 test on point test cuts and weeded like a dream. Send the file. But I only cut one panel, just because of my apprehension. Looks great! Wonderful! Nope. Looks good but it cut through everything on some paths, and not even through the vinyl on all the letters, except the "O" where it totally cut it out of the vinyl while finishing the file. Now I had set the blade just a tad longer than needed. But it seems the cutter put extra force on it during that portion of the cut. Tried to reset it and test cut again. Same results on 2nd panel cut. I slept on it over the weekend and now I'm going to check the settings in the production manager (running Flexi). Cant believe I didn't think of that on Friday. Maybe disable production manager settings and run it through the cutters settings. Is it possible there would be a conflict between the 2? I think only one can be run at a time. Right? I'm Not making excuses, just trying to figure this out. I'm going to try to post pics shortly. At least now it has a rough hand lettered look to it. Fine for the viewing distance.
I am having same issues, did the link help by disabling driver signature?

IanZane

I am having same issues, did the link help by disabling driver signature?

Hey Howell,
Honestly Howell, I haven't even gotten that far. I brought my own Summa D series plotter in the next day, connected it and have been running it really ever since. I have to address this ol SC-1400D but I haven't had the time. I'm running 2 divisions, commercial sign sales artwork dept & the billboards (6 counties) division where I do it all. Provide an amusement park with all of it's signage and replace older signs. Also do the same for another business downtown. Anything they need. Both of which I decided about 2 months after taking this job they needed to be restructured. Should have started fresh than go thru the countless hours trying to make sense of the chaotic dysfunctional mess I found myself in. I'm only one guy and find between handlettering signs and painting lifesize figures old school way, foreman, customer sales and admin paperwork dude, company rep, designer, fabricator, equipment operator, installer, paint mixer and sprayer, job lead, manager, etc............ I don't have enough time.
I have 40 hours a week and about 6 years of jobs to be taken care of. Be nice to get the owner to purchase a new printer/plotter laminator combo. Plug and play and go! If you have tried the link and had luck, please let me know. Plus, if you know anyone with skills looking for a job in my area, send 'em my way!