• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Fuji Acuity 1600 need help for Printerhead not heating up??? (HD HEATER error)

Iulian Strutu

Hi,

I bought a Fuji Acuity LED 1600 about 2 years ago and I always had this error with HD HEATER... it comes for a brief moment with an error sound and disappears quickly from the screen so I couldn't have the chance to make a photo of it. After the error sound, I can hear a clicking noise inside the carriage, and it goes back to normal.
All has been fine for a while but the Cyan channel starts spraying the ink. If replace the head but the problem remained. The only thing I could do to make it run normally was to increase the head voltage. But this solution is just a temporary one as after a month or two the head is spraying the ink again and I have to increase the voltage again. Now the head voltage is at 101 while the other ones are 90.

Does anyone have any idea what can it be?

Many thanks,
Julian

Attachments

• IMG_20230612_102927.jpg
    IMG_20230612_102927.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 364

AlsEU

Error 707 "!HD Heater brk" means, that the printhead doesn't heat up. In the service menu (#TEST->Check temp) you can check the current temperature in each head (normal temperature should be about 43 Celsius degrees). If the printer is powered up for more than one hour and the temperature in one head is low:
- check the electric connection to the head. If it's ok, replace the heater in the head (it requires the head to be removed from the carriage)
- if the temperatures in all heads are low, restart the printer
- if the temperature in any head is below 0, check the connections with the electric board (if it's ok, replace the head)
Changing the head voltage eliminates the spraying a little bit, but it's not a solution to the problem, which usually is in the heater (or damaged PCB board responsible for the temperature measurement and setting).

Iulian Strutu

Error 707 "!HD Heater brk" means, that the printhead doesn't heat up. In the service menu (#TEST->Check temp) you can check the current temperature in each head (normal temperature should be about 43 Celsius degrees). If the printer is powered up for more than one hour and the temperature in one head is low:
- check the electric connection to the head. If it's ok, replace the heater in the head (it requires the head to be removed from the carriage)
- if the temperatures in all heads are low, restart the printer
- if the temperature in any head is below 0, check the connections with the electric board (if it's ok, replace the head)
Changing the head voltage eliminates the spraying a little bit, but it's not a solution to the problem, which usually is in the heater (or damaged PCB board responsible for the temperature measurement and setting).
Thank you very much indeed!
So I've changed the printhead and the problem remained on the Cyan channel, so I think is the PCB. I will have a look a the temps later...
Do you know if the PCB board responsible is GR SLIDER, or is something else? (I have attached a pic with the PCB)
Thank you so much again, any info that will bring me closer to diagnosing this issue is much appreciated.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 99

AlsEU

Yes, this is the board. All heads are connected to it. During the removal be careful, as the flat cables between the board and each head are not very resistant (by the way, check if on the head with the problem all wires in this cable are clean and without any signs of the short circuit, I saw a few times that one wire from the flat cable was burned at the end and the communication between the head and the board was wrong). And try to swap cables connecting two heads with the board, maybe it's just a cable...

Iulian Strutu

Hi!
I have checked the head temperatures and they are all ok (around 42-43 degrees)...
Indeed when I started the printer this morning 2 heads Lm and Y were warming up a little bit slower but after 30 min they reach the correct temperature.
So I'm thinking that the Error 707 "!HD Heater brk" might not be related to my Cyan problem but it triggers when sometimes one printhead is heating up slower than it should...
I also noticed that one LED on Central IO PCB is not lit... I don't know what that means and if it is related to the issue as that led is in the 6th position and the Cyan PH is the 5th.

I really have no idea at this moment... how to further investigate the issue?

I'm thinking at degassing on Cyan channel? maibe? I don't know...

What would you advise?

Attachments

• IMG_20230613_084603.jpg
    IMG_20230613_084603.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 84

AlsEU

How often the problem on the C channel appears? Always? Once per day?
What are the values for the Plus and Minus Pressures? Do you have degassing modules installed? If yes, what is the degassing pressure? Have you ever tried to perform the sending adjust test?

incax3

Hi wen heads of a LED1600 give a spray than is blocked firt open the heads by hand or seringe in the front luerlock or origal spong
the temp is a element on the site op the head (need to teak it of the platten) we have new parts of it.www.digitalprintersparts.nl also we have
all manuals if you need.
If you want to take off the head don,t losing the ajust screws ( front block) using onle the fasteners frome the head ,take the srews out als push the head to back and lift. first takr off all cabbles the head comming complete out