• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity 2504 Z-Axis Issues

BrushedRed

Hello
I am wondering if any other owners of this machine have any any similar issues with the Z-Axis failing quite regularly.

After many service visits we have not been able to get down to the root of the issue after replacing controllers and the motors themselves.
Fuji states the have not seen this issue much before so I'm curious if anyone els has had problems and some of the solutions they may have found

Thanks,
Matthew

ellsmako

What is the situation: does it error out ? can you reproduce the error, what materials and head height ( z being vertical ) . if number are correct and machine knows it Zero point as well as its operational zone and no obstructions then I would look at the motor and or sensor. Every manufacturer say the same thing. You are the only one,.......

BrushedRed

It will error out usually after or before the print or upon initialization on startup.
We have actually changed motors cables circuit boards and sensors at least 3 times.
Currently I have two fuji techs here trying to figure this out yet again.

We have basically rebuilt this machine with no success.

ellsmako

You did say motor and cables, sensors ( height ) ,so

check your carriage trip sensors, the ones for protecting the heads from hitting.

If it fails on initial then you check what is being checked and eliminate one by one. Basically you have motion errors. I have seen that cables get twisted and partially broken inside one of the two ink/data tracks ( Igus ) its really a tight squeeze in there. best time to verify is when it fails on startup, since it already in error.

Hope that helps.

BrushedRed

After replacing everything accept for the print heads in the carriage we have be running solid for two weeks now,
They really had no explanation as to why or what it was, it appeared as they were more guessing with fingers crossed.
106 hours of down time later.

ellsmako

Yeah well that is a problem with Fuji,.. Of course OCE says that they have the best techs and they really understand the printers,.... blah blah blah,.... I have been told Montreal has the best tech ( while I was in Montreal ) then again when in Toronto the rep said the best tech is in Toronto, so where ever you are you have the best tech right ?

AdMart

Lots of issues with Fuji

I owned the machine for 1.5 years and I was so frustrated with FUJI, I sold it. Best thing I ever did:thumb:. Our tech in this area was just horrible, he'd spent all of his time reading the FUJI Acuity SERVICE Manual. $200/hour for someone to sit in a chair and read a manual. Finally I said enough of this and found a fella who had the Full FUJI ACUITY Service Manual.
90% of what this technician was doing I could do myself. Anyway, the machine is gone, I now use an HP35000, buy all 4'x10' coroplast at a great discount, and just push the volume through.
By the way, OCE/FUJI is coming out with a new cheaper machine. So if you are thinking of buying, wait a few months, you'll save $20,000. Personally, I'd save the $100,000 and go with the Laminating system I have developed. I can print on my Roland and apply a 4'x8' decal to a sheet of coroplast in less than 5 minutes. Guarantied bubble free, wrinkle free, and no scratches. The Machine cost me $450.00, converting it to Air $135.00 and I built the tables for about $150.00. Works great. Actually it works fantastic... I can do easily 10 prints per hours. For those who are interested ..... I still have a couple of machine here... richard@ad-mart.ca
Good luck with the FUJI...:frustrated: maybe someone over at FUJI will listen, just maybe!!!!

BrushedRed

Well Richard, I think you and I are talking about the very same service tech as it appears we are in the same city.