• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity LED 1600 II - LC no alignment

muelli75

On our one year old Fuji Acuity LED 1600 II is no alignment on the LightCyan on th x-axis.

It comes slightly in about 3 Meters of prining, the misalignment is about .5 to .8 millimeters in all resolutions.

We tried to fix this with [HASHTAG]#adjusments[/HASHTAG] -> [HASHTAG]#printadjustment[/HASHTAG] -> [HASHTAG]#SirDir[/HASHTAG]
At the testprint we see the misalignment, then we "fix" the misalignment by turning the values H2-H7. After that, the testprint is fine.

But in the productive setting, the misalignment is still there.

Any ideas what else to do?

Can anyone provide a servicemanual for this device?

Thanks in advance for any hints!

AlsEU

First of all - if you have mechanical misalignment, you should use 'head adjustment', not 'print adjustment'. Head adjustment moves the head physically, print adjustment changes the parameters of the firing. SiDir is just one direction to calibrate, very often ReDir also requires changes, but both must be done AFTER the head adjustment - if the head is in the wrong place, you may not be able to change it without moving the head. I suggest you should call the service, as the calibration should be done as a process (according to the procedure), not just one step.

muelli75

Thank you for this inputs!

Just for understanding: How do you think can it happen, that we are printing some prints and while we are printing comes this misalignement - only in LightCyan. All the other colors are well.
We didnt had a crash.

Our technician told us on phone to do this printalignments, because he is on vacation.

In the meantime we did SiDir and ReDir-Alignments (mostly ba a value of -330). The testprints of the alignment are perfect!
But if we print - the result is horrible. See attached image.

Attachments

• IMG_0052x.jpg
    IMG_0052x.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 352

ProColorGraphics

Did you do them with your head height at 1.5mm? I was told by my tech that if you have the head height higher, you will have issues.

AlsEU

Again - check the head alignment. All print alignments (BiDir, SiDir and ReDir) are electronic calibrations, which doesn't move the heads physically. If your head is in the wrong place, you need to correct the position first, then align the drop placement (and this is done by print alignments).
And the second question - are you sure it's LC head only? Maybe C head adds some ink too to this colour? That's why I ask about the head adjust.

muelli75

Hi out there!

Today our technician checked our machine, after a while he did some researches ... and, suprise: its a bad batch of LightCyan which we got. We have to replace the ink by another one, then all should be well.
We will do this in a few days (and printing CMYK whithout LcLm in the meantime) - results are posted here.

AlsEU

Are you sure, that your CMYK print is free of LcLm? Usually, it isn't - even in 100% C solid profile adds a few percents of Lc. You may check it in the RIP software, how the colour curve looks like (at least Caldera shows this information). Of course, it's possible that with such saturation problem will disappear, but it's better to check it.

muelli75

Hi! Thank you fo rall your answers. As I posted, it was a bad batch of of LightCyan. After changeing the LC, all printed well.