• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Aquity Head Failing?

mbartels

The cyan head on my Fuji Aquity Select seems to be failing— Each head has two banks & the back 1/2 of one bank is not printing at all.

Looking for anyone that has experienced something similar, or to verify that it needs to be replaced.

It does not appear to have any damage but I can't be sure something didn't happen on another shift.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ToTo

Professional Support
When purged, is ink dripping from affected slot?
Could also be the printhead pcb. Try swapping it

mbartels

Swapped the pcb with white— Error came up as "failed to configure heads"— I put the original board back.

When I purge— I can see ink coming out of the head and when I start a print it prints blue but quickly fades out.

After printing a sheet nozzle checks are really bad— no nozzles are firing from 1 entire bank.

If I purge / vacuum the heads I do get cyan to print during nozzle check (still missing 30% of nozzles)

Last edited:

StikiBiz

Swapped the pcb with white— Error came up as "failed to configure heads"— I put the original board back.

When I purge— I can see ink coming out of the head and when I start a print it prints blue but quickly fades out.

After printing a sheet nozzle checks are really bad— no nozzles are firing from 1 entire bank.

If I purge / vacuum the heads I do get cyan to print during nozzle check (still missing 30% of nozzles)
How did you get on with the cyan printhead issue?