• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Fujifilm Acuity 4006 Vacuum Table

NZOC

Our Acuity vacuum table has stopped working. Step on the pedal or click on the icon and it indicates that its on but the pump isn't running.

Firstly is there a fuse somewhere? I've had all covers off and can't find one anywhere. Secondly could it be the pump itself?

Machine has basically been in daily use for the last 3 years since new (aside from lockdowns!).

Currently waiting for the technician to arrive but was wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

NZOC

It should be a separate unit under the table. check to see if it's clean.
Yes, separate unit. Pump is in a box with cooling fans. The fans are still working. There is some dust in there but not enough to cause an issue.

NZOC

Technician arrived this morning. Turned out the vacuum pump was starting to seize and blew the fuse. He replaced the fuse but could tell the pump was on the way out.

New pump installed and, as it is the next generation, it is 75% quieter and has more suction than the old one had from new! Happy days.