• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Full color graphics applied to Dry Erase Magnetic Glass Quartet Boards

Chichia96

Quite frequently we have a customer who orders dry erase boards with custom full color, graphics on them. Normally they get the white quartet boards so we can just print the graphics on a white media, laminate with dry erase lam and apply that to the boards but recently they have been requesting glass quartet dry erase boards which aren’t an opaque white but not see thru either (see photos).

Best option I can think of is to do a full color print and contour cut out the graphics, tape and apply to the board but I’ve got a design that has a grid on it and I’m worried that when the customer has to erase anything they’ve written the eraser will catch on the edges of the vinyl and lift it up over time. Anybody have any creative solutions to this?

Attachments

• IMG_8460.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8461.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8459.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We've done printed/shape cut graphics and grids before, they might accumulate a bit of ink over time but shouldn't be too bad if they clean it properly.

MFA

Same Day Signs
I made some custom white boards out of glass(clear) with graphics on the second surface. I made some for Costco that didn’t have to be too pretty and mounted the glass on plywood backers. They had lots of lines which were a pain when they were on the front side. I did a similar thing for a Convalescent home that had to be nicer looking so I ordered a glass blank with polished edges and tempered from a glass company nearby.

MFA

Same Day Signs
Here are a couple of samples of what I mentioned in the last post. The advantage of the glass surface is that it cleans easily and always looks nice.

Attachments

• 9424C1B5-566A-43E1-9621-76042477EFA5.jpeg
    9424C1B5-566A-43E1-9621-76042477EFA5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • 72B31061-6C9C-449C-9302-0EC2B62D4955.jpeg
    72B31061-6C9C-449C-9302-0EC2B62D4955.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 28BCD10B-E512-4D0F-B645-C64CEE11523A.jpeg
    28BCD10B-E512-4D0F-B645-C64CEE11523A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 77

victor bogdanov

, tape and apply to the board but I’ve got a design that has a grid on it and I’m worried that when the customer has to erase anything they’ve written the eraser will catch on the edges of the vinyl and lift it up over time. Anybody have any creative solutions to this?
Maybe apply dry erase laminate over the cut vinyl/board? Would be pretty easy to do on a flatbed laminator

Or print the grid/design on clear, laminate with dry erase and apply to the board like you have done in the past

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Maybe apply dry erase laminate over the cut vinyl/board? Would be pretty easy to do on a flatbed laminator

Or print the grid/design on clear, laminate with dry erase and apply to the board like you have done in the past
I agree with this. Print on clear and lam with dry erase. That will eliminate the individual cut pieces to snag erased residue.

Chichia96

Here are a couple of samples of what I mentioned in the last post. The advantage of the glass surface is that it cleans easily and always looks nice.
This looks fantastic! Thank you! What if they need it to be magnetic?

Signstein

This looks fantastic! Thank you! What if they need it to be magnetic?
Multipanel has a dry erase / magnetic combo board:

jfiscus

Rap Master
The steel polymetal works great for magnetic dry erase boards. We print on vinyl and lam with Dry Erase laminate and mount to that. There's also nicer enamel coated steel boards but they're harder to route to shape.