• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuse keeps blowing...

lgroth

Have managed to keep our old SC-540 going for many years, just replaced two heads and cables recently... It popped the fuse for Lc/Lm channel. No biggie, put in a new fuse, popped again. Checked all the ribbon cables & connections, they're good, swapped the cables from the M/Y heads to the the Lc/Lm heads and they fire fine so it's not the new heads. Swapped out the head cables again figuring maybe one of the new ones was bad, replaced the fuse again and it popped again.... Time for a new head board? Or does anyone think there's a deeper problem.... Something I may have overlooked? I have one fuse left in stock, don't want to waste it till I figure out what's blowing them... Any opinions?

What does the electrical from the machine to the main source look like. Breakers, surge protector. Just seeing if there might be bad power coming in. The thing that makes me think some other electrical component like the board is the fact it's just a certain circuit that is blowing.

lgroth

It's one of the fuses on the head board... Starting to think it's a bad transistor doing it and may just be time to replace the board. The Lc head I replaced wasn't that old and shouldn't have been printing as bad as it was, research tells me this was a sign that one of the transistors was going.