• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuse question

Jim Hill

I am having a problem with my M&Y head.
The magenta color prints perfect but I cannot get the Yellow to print.

I have changed both cap tops along with the yellow damper. I pulled the yellow from the cartridge to the damper with a syringe and it filled up the damper.

I have also tried pulling the yellow ink with the heads in place from the small hose from the M&Y head below the cap tops but when I pull the syringe slowly the magenta comes out but not the yellow. I checked the nipple under the yellow damper and it looks fine and is not broken.

If magenta prints does that mean the fuse is fine? I have also switched the ribbon cables on the heads but that also did not fix the problems.

I have tired medium and a powerful head cleaning with no success.

Any idea where the problem might be?

Thanks Jim

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When the fuse blows it kills both the magenta and yellow so it should be fine. When 1 color stops firing completely on a head, it's usually ink flow issues but if you rule those out, it could be electrical damage to the head itself and/or the main/head board.