• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gandi 3150 Resolution

Scott Anderson

We are trying to print very small letters/barcode down to about 1/16th inch. It is completely illegible. We are currently using 3x6 15 pass w/200% ink. Digitech inks. It did not get any better in 4x8 mode and can't seem to get the machine to go to 6x12. Have tried the turning machine off, computer off, and IO boards off as suggested on another thread. I still don't think thats going to get us there anyhow. Does anyone know weather it is even possible on this machine to get small print legible???

Scott Anderson

gandi 3150 x2 resolution

Thank you. We have tried unidirectional and will really work on tweaking x/y on the heads. will let you know....

cwb143

This is 1/16th" text below the eyeball. 300x600 200Density
bidirectional. I don't try print anything smaller.

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 123

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Also if its a RICH color you are running, you have a better chance of misalignment between the different head colors....single color black Much easier to align in that case.

Typestries

Scott, can you rip color replace the gray from a 6 color gray to only a % of black. At that size the color shift will be minimal.

eforer

I forget what test pattern it is where you can evaluate them, but you might want to tweak your head voltages, they tend to get a sort of a blurry effect when they are out and it makes a big difference. Also have you tried force_dpi_x 600 force_dpi_y 1200 and a snapkill and restart from the console? You could also manually up the pass count past 24 and slow it way down.

Good luck!