• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gandi flatbed ink

wonsngis

Those of you with Gandi flatbeds; what ink are you running and what do you think of it?

I've been running the Premium inks for a couple years now. I've always been happy with the performance, but I heard that the GUV inks may be better still. Has anyone here had experience with both the GUV and premium?

gourami

We are using GUV inks on our 1224 30pl heads.

It looks alot of glossier than the premium inks. The color is better for sure, espeically red and black. But you have to slow down the machine to print. We couldn't run the GUV inks less than 6 pass.

And also the ink comsumption seems higher than the premium inks. Im not sure about that.

wonsngis

Thanks for your reply, gourami! Anyone else? I know we've got quite a few Gandi's on this board

Typestries

Running Nazdar inks. Very satisfied. They are an amazing company. Sent the ink chemists here to get it right. Helped with profiles, etc. Customer satisfaction is important to Nazdar for sure, we weren't used to such treatment.

Delivery, batch issues, and the persistent magenta clogging issue with Gandi UV premium drove us away. I hear the newest inks they have out are much improved. Would switch back if they test out well and can work out the delivery issues of the past.

Keep this thread going, I believe a few members here are beta testing the new inks that Gandi has announced the release of.

wonsngis

Very interesting, Typestries! Nazdar has been trying to get me to switch my 1224, but I'm still under warranty and ink contract with Gandi so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

I used to run Nazdar's (lyson) ink in my Toucans and they were great, so I usually think of them first when I'm looking into 3rd party inks for my equipment. However, the day after my Nazdar reps were here pitching ink for my HP/Scitex XLjet, Seiko colorpainter, and my 1224, some reps from Fujifilm Sericol were here. They're offering inks for the Gandi and the Scitex and their presentation and documentation were MUCH better than Nazdar's was.

If nothing else, the fact that their ink is what's running in Inca printers holds a lot of street cred for me. When/if I do go 3rd party on my Gandi, I think Sericol is the way I'm going to go.

wonsngis

Time to reopen this old thread!

So, they switched our Premium inks over to the new "HC" inks and I am not happy. The color is certainly better, but the adhesion isn't as good as the premium inks (which is a BIG problem) and the light banding ("lawnmower banding") is atrocious. They're now proposing that we switch to the GUV inks, but I am concerned about those, too. First, I don't like the high gloss finish. Second, I've heard they're susceptible to cracking on flexible substrates.

For reasons I won't go into here, I will not switch to Nazdar inks for this machine so that's out. I may consider Sericol, however.

Any more thoughts or experiences out there?