• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gas Station Canopy

intense_design

Hi Everyone!
So I need your help.. I have to do a gas station canopy. What are your thoughts to use for metal to go around it.. I was going to do AlumaCorr then cap the top and bottom and sides. What do you guys recommend for this kind of project. Thanks in advance!

There is a chain of gas stations called Sheetz. A few years ago when they first opened I watched the guys installing their canopy. The used some sort of tarp or banner material.

~Chris

UFB Fabrication

Hi Everyone!
So I need your help.. I have to do a gas station canopy. What are your thoughts to use for metal to go around it.. I was going to do AlumaCorr then cap the top and bottom and sides. What do you guys recommend for this kind of project. Thanks in advance!

Are you going over a existing canopy face of over a frame ??

intense_design

Yes,
It was a Cenex.. so I am just going over the pre-existing metal that is already there. Just curious as to how everyone else does it.. give me some ideas. It has thin aluminum panels already there all faded out! So I just figured I would go over top of them. make it easier on myself.

Mosh

We use .040 aluminum, we bend a 1" lip on the top and bottom and screw it on. That way there are not screws in the face.

Si Allen

Whatever method you use ... BE SURE to block off both sides of the island that you are working on!

There will be some moron looking at you doing the install ... and drive right into your ladder!

petrosgraphics

mosh is right, last year we did locations, .040 alum. 1" fold all around, if they have rounded
corner, just notch the fold at the corners. if they are going to be white, bring along some white vinyl to go under the seams in the alum. it will hide the color underneath the alum.
in a not so perfect word the seams will not have a clean butt joint....