• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help GBC Titan 1264 WF - Stuck on full speed

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Our GBC Laminator just suddenly started going full speed ahead, worked fine this morning - none of the buttons/pedal do anything to stop it. Emergency stop does kill it and we've tried rebooting and unplugging it but it's just stuck on full speed.

Anyone ever have this happen before? This thing is getting pretty old and I'm thinking we need to upgrade soon...but need to get production back up and running in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

Our GBC Laminator just suddenly started going full speed ahead, worked fine this morning - none of the buttons/pedal do anything to stop it. Emergency stop does kill it and we've tried rebooting and unplugging it but it's just stuck on full speed.

Anyone ever have this happen before? This thing is getting pretty old and I'm thinking we need to upgrade soon...but need to get production back up and running in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.
What was the solution that you found? My machine has a similar issue...runs continually and you must turn main power switch off to get the rollers to stop turning.
Thanks,
Scott

netsol

i would guess that the an output transistor or variac in the variable speed circuit shorted
should be a fairly simple repair, for someone with experience in that sort of thing.
a local tv repair shop, or someone who can check and locate a shorted transistor