• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gbc titan 165: out of control, unresponsive

IceTrikes

Hello, this morning our titan 165 was working perfectly well, but when I turned the machine back on the second time today it began running at full speed, without any controls on the control panel working or affecting it at all. The motor will only stop running when I turn the machine off or the emergency stop button is pressed. Has anyone experienced this issue before on here? Thanks.

netsol

The is some sort of SCR or TRIAC that shorted, so it feed full supply voltage instead of regulating

IceTrikes

Make sure the run button isn't stuck. Is the speed control knob responsive?
There is no speed knob on ours. I tried lowering the speed while it was running to no effect. I wonder if it is some kind of crossed wire in the control panel

karst41

Is there a way we could check if this is our issue? Do you have any recommendations to fix this?
Here is my reality check point.

Does this piece of equipment make you money? Is it Essential?

I think ACCO services GBC. Your laminator is essential and to tear into it
is a bad Idea. These suckers have enough amperage in them to instantly plant yourass 6' under.

You are probably looking at something like $450 an hour and $150 Travel plus Parts.
Maybe $750 or less ? Maybe more?

Is cheaper than buying a new laminator. A new and decently configured laminator is going to be close to $14K

Its cheaper than your 100,000 mile Maintenance Schedule for your car or truck.