• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GCC Expert-Pro 24???

DecadentDesign

How does this machine and company stand up? The price seems good but I'm having a hard time finding any unbiased info to help me make a decision. I'd prefer to go with something like a Roland but I just don't have the means.

I need a machine that can do consistent detail work - I make art and tend to get into some smaller detail.

Any help or advice would really be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Dennis422

Hey neighbor :)
I looked at it last year and ended up with Graphtec 24". At the time, a big thing for me that the GCC was not available with Mac software. I believe that it does not have the servo motor and it gets a bit noisy when cutting.
I am the strong believer in the saying that you get what you pay.
Now, 6 months later, my Graphtec is few times paid off for and I wish that I went with Summa (Never used it but heard great reviews).

Good luck

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'll take the GCC line over the Graphtecs any day... the comparable model graphtec is the CE5000 which is no comparison. you can also convert the GCC to a flatbed cutter to cut paper and magnetic stock if need be.

We have a Jaguar II and a Jaguar IV, after the learning curve we found them to be much more reliable than the FC7000 and FC8000's we had.

DecadentDesign

Thanks for the responses. I totally get spending more money if only I had it. I work for sign companies since 2006 and though I've been able to use work equipment for side projects and art I am limited to how much time I can access the equipment.

I've been wanting to pick up the Gerber Tempo (last I checked it ran for $2400 and comes with Omega Composer though I haven't checked lately) but I've just never been able to scrape up enough cash at one time - again, the limitations to how much work I can actually pick up when I have limited access to the equipment is a big issue. So lately I've been rethinking things and trying to see if there's another less expensive option.

The GCC Expert Pro sounds pretty good if it can do what they say it can. Tracking up to 5 meters is pretty impressive. I'm using an older Graphtec now at work and it's not bad at all but it doesn't track all that well on longer runs.

Artwise though I need to know if the GCC can handle intricate details and repeat them consistently. I do Pop style art and lay layer over layer for something that looks like screen printed art so things have to match up pretty close.

Just need to know that this can cover me for the while and maybe down the way I can upgrade if I feel the need to still.

Thanks again for the input though - Using a PC btw...

David

royster13

I have an Expert 24 and Cut 3000 (re-branded GCC Bengal)......The latter has a servo motor......Both have served me well and paid for themselves very quickly...If you look at the EnduraCUT line you will see that they look a lot like GCC Cutters....

DecadentDesign

Thanks again for the input everyone has added!

This is a artial description of the Pro 24... "Powered by a digitally controlled servo system, the Expert Pro produces eye-catching graphics with up to 23.62 ips (600mm/sec) cutting speed, 400g of cutting force and five meters (16.4 feet) of tracking ability."

Compared to the EnduraCUT 24
...Cutting speed up to 24ips
• Cutting force up to 300 grams
• Quiet and precise digital servo motor
• Precise tracking up to 10 feet

About the same price...

frankrd053

Enduracut plus

David,
The Expert 24 is a stepper driven cutter and as such, probably not the best choice for fine detail. We offer a similar cutter with a digital servo motor that would be a better choice.
You'll find the product and package info here.
https://www.signwarehouse.com/specials/Lplus_packg.htm
Iv'e been using a the Enduracut Plus for 7 years a great machine had a belt to break having trouble getting on I'm going to order a vimyl express Monday for a backup but witll fix my enduracut plus when they get the belts in the longest I have done with it is 8 ft but that didn find like I say 7 years and no ploblems till the belt broke great machine

thwclw

My two cents on the GCC EXPERT PRO - It has performed flawlessly.

the EXPERT PRO model (notice the "PRO") does in fact have servos - it is fast and very accurate and can cut some pretty heavy stuff.

I would buy another one if I needed it.

This is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth however I own one and it has never failed me (yet).