• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GCC Jaguar ii-61 tracking problems?

JagerSteve

Hey gang, I could use some help.

I have a GCC Jaguar ii-61, I fun FlexiPro. The problem I am having... If I am cutting circle, or say the letter 'o' in an block font, on the outside and inside of the cut, it is not meeting up properly... When I go to weed, I'll end up pulling parts up, wasting vinyl or taking alot of time to weed and trim the edge with an xacto.

It's not an incomplete cut, but a total misalignment of the start and stop not aligning.

I have tried a new blade, various settings of speed, force, and blade stickout of the holder. The teflon strip is new.

For reference, I cut Oracal 651.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions for speed, downforce, etc, or anything else I should look at.

-Steve

chester215

Just call me Chester.
It sounds like your cutter profile in flexi may be off.
Are you using the profile specifically for your plotter or one that is close?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

Nonsense. The probability the this situation is due to some software consideration is somewhere around 0. Machinery has mechanical problems caused by wear and tear and occasionally need maintenance and adjustment. Software on the other hand neither breaks nor wears out and does not require periodic adjustment because of wear and tear. Just so you know, plotters have drivers, printers have profiles as well as drivers.

Most of the time incomplete cutting can be cleared up merely by removing whatever carriage dust cover is there and blowing the dust and crud out of the carriage paying special attention to the blade up/down mechanism. it doesn't take but a tiny fit of dust to interfere with this mechanisms proper function. If that doesn't clear things up then scrutinize your blade holder for wear as well as a routine check of belt tension and feed roller integrity.

royster13

Nonsense. The probability the this situation is due to some software consideration is somewhere around 0. Machinery has mechanical problems caused by wear and tear and occasionally need maintenance and adjustment. Software on the other hand neither breaks nor wears out and does not require periodic adjustment because of wear and tear. Just so you know, plotters have drivers, printers have profiles as well as drivers.

Most of the time incomplete cutting can be cleared up merely by removing whatever carriage dust cover is there and blowing the dust and crud out of the carriage paying special attention to the blade up/down mechanism. it doesn't take but a tiny fit of dust to interfere with this mechanisms proper function. If that doesn't clear things up then scrutinize your blade holder for wear as well as a routine check of belt tension and feed roller integrity.

Bob "nailed it"....Thanks....

JagerSteve

Thanks guys, I'll give it a good tear down and cleaning. Yeah, it has to be a mechanical adjustment, not a software issue. I'll update when I try a few things.

-Steve

JagerSteve

And chester215, for reference, in production manager I am running "SignPal Jaguar JII-61". It is the closest I could find and it seems to work.

-Steve

JagerSteve

Well, figured I would post a quick update on what I found.

I decided to take covers off and give everything a good cleaning and see if there were any other apparent issues.

Well, I'm glad I did. I tool the center cover off that holds the control panel, and low and behold, one of the small black plastic conical rollers on the carriage is broken... allowing slop in the carriage. No wonder it wasn't cutting right.

I feel like an idiot for not looking into this further prior to posting, but sometimes in a panic you just don't think as clearly as normal.

I have made contact with GCC America, as well as sent them a few photos and description of the piece I need.

attachment.php
attachment.php

If anyone knows of another source, please let me know. Or if you happen to have a GCC Jag or one of the others that share this same platform (like vinyl express) that you rob parts off of, let me know.

Thanks again for the help.

-Steve

Attachments

• CAM00868.jpg
    CAM00868.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 555
  • CAM00869.jpg
    CAM00869.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 582