• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GCC Jaguar IV carriage stuck

gnubler

I moved my plotter to my new shop and something must have gotten disconnected or damaged during transit. When I went to start it up the carriage ran to the right and hit the side cover and now won't budge. I've taken the covers off and don't see any loose cables or broken parts, but obviously I'm missing something. Short of getting into a major disassembly is there anything I can try? The video posted below most closely resembles my problem, but it's a different machine and therefore a different fix. I'm not getting an error code on the display, it says to load media and drop the lever and when I do that it says it's scanning the media width...but it's not because the carriage is stuck in place. Help!

gnubler

I managed to fix this. Got brave and started disassembling pieces until I found the culprit - it was the rubber bumper that had bent almost to 90 degrees, essentially turning into a hook which snagged the carriage. I straightened it out with pliers and wrapped with electrical tape. Check out before and after pics.

Bumper-before.jpg

Bumper-after.jpg