• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

General Formulations...

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We stock 201-HTAP all the time... the new AE (air egress) version is excellent to work with.
230 AutoMark isn't bad for wrap with mild curves either.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I used the GF2030 and it was a huge difference over IJ-35C. The air release actually works on the General Formulations brand. I was applying panels in 100 degree heat (indoors and shaded) and 3M would be a challenge but the GF was effortless. I need to start looking into more of their vinyls.

dypinc

I used to use the GF vinyls all the time but all at once they all seamed to have plasticizer migrations problem and are not really compatible with Latex ink any longer. So far GF201 hasn't given me any problem but all there other calendared vinyl has. Might have to check that 2030 once.

Saturn

Aging Member
Some (all?) of Grimco's Briteline stuff is GF too, or so the salesman tells me.

I originally thought GF-203 and IM3203 were one and the same, they are not. GF-203 prints and cuts a little better, but IM3203 has way less initial shrinkage, and up until a recent price increase was a fair bit cheaper. The thickness and whitepoint on them is measurably different. I suggest trying both.

IM3203X which is the air-egress version also seemed very similar to Substance's version which might be worth testing too.

• Informative
Reactions: 2B

natallica

Graphics Guru
We use it a lot at our shop. 203 and 203AE are decent for an everyday basic vinyl. 230 works well for intermediate wraps and some curves, some lettering and decals, it's a bit too tacky initially (for me) for pulling the liner and going for broke on a vehicle.

But 231 Gloss laminate I don't care for at all. It's nowhere close to gloss...luster at best. It works, it's just kinda ugly and flat...doesn't 'pop' on a vehicle like a true gloss lam.

Love the Brightline wrap film though...better than Avery or 3M when it comes to applications. A close second is Arlon SLX IMO.

-N8

MGB_LE

Would this product replace 3M 40C? We've used some 3M IJ40C and IJ180 but I'm not sure they're necessary in place of a GF 203 or 285. Still trying to work out what to keep on hand without trying to stock EVERYthing. We do transfer graphics, wall murals with overlapping panels, and occasionally print and wrap PVC panels to allow for 4 side bleed color on some museum art.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
A lot of research goes into the General Formulations products. It all started with Concept 209 for me.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
They have done a pretty good job of keeping up with the supply chain issues as well. They are rarely out of anything we push on them for.

tulsagraphics

I'm very happy with WallMark, Motomark, HTAP series (consistent prints, easy to weed, easy to install). I haven't tried the AutoMark series yet, but definitely will!

Stacey K

I like making signs
It seems a bit thinner than the 3M but I do agree, I like it as well and have been using it also!
I used the GF2030 and it was a huge difference over IJ-35C. The air release actually works on the General Formulations brand. I was applying panels in 100 degree heat (indoors and shaded) and 3M would be a challenge but the GF was effortless. I need to start looking into more of their

gabagoo

I just bought a bundle of the GF 230 and it works well. I don't really do wraps but like to offer customers a better product than just regular 3ml with 3ml laminate for certain jobs. As was said the supply chain for 2ml products is horrible so I thought I would try it. The only thing I was not thrilled with is the back side of the backing paper is a bit slippery so if you are premasking anything the piece can start to move as you apply pre mask causing tunneling. I now just roll up a piece of masking tape and put it under the backing paper to hold it in place.

dypinc

Grimco Briteline is made by General Formulations.
That is not true as the plasticizer migration issues that General Formulation has I have not seen with Brightline. GF may make some Brightline but the Calendared vinyls are not made by GF.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
GF has become a staple in my shop this past year. Pricing is decent and the quality of the print is really nice. Their high tac HTAPAE is very nice according to clients...they've liked the air egress on it for installation. Due to disruptions all over, we found ourselves going to GF more and more thru Harbor out of MD. We have yet to try the 2030 but might give it a shot now.