• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

General software question?

MCV

To start off I have version 3.0. I was told that when changing your vinyl color your foil color will also change slightly. In other words lets say you have a square with a spot color red fill, and you change the vinyl from white to blue. Will that square go from a red to a somewhat purple red or will it still look the same as the white vinyl. I am not sure if there is a setting I don't have selected or if this is something that just does not happen. Right now the foil colors look the same no matter what color vinyl I have selected.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
All spot and process color thermal foils for the Edge are transluscent except for black and white which are opaque. Therefore, all colors will color shift when printed on a non-white vinyl unless you first print a base coat of white.

Red on blue gives you purple. Blue on yellow gives you green. Etc. Some really striking output can be had by printing colors on metallic vinyls.

MCV

With everything I have done so far with my FX I realized this does occur with colored vinyls. I guess what I am asking is in Omega lets say I am setting up some graphics with a blue vinyl selected when I place a red foil fill on top should my screen display that purple color, or will the screen show the red unchanged by the blue vinyl underneath. Right now if I put a red square on blue vinyl in omega it displays it as a red square on the screen even though it prints that purple color. Just not sure if omega takes the vinyl color into account when displaying colors on screen and I am not sure if I need to have a setting changed to display it this way.

I am sure I would still need to test print to see what the actual color would be when printing on colored vinyl, but I want to make sure my software is setup correctly. Thanks for the replies.