• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Generic take up?

SameDay Signs

So long story short my epson s40600 takeout went out and I’ve had no luck w my rep on getting pricing for a new one or another rep from another company and I’m at the point I’m gonna buy a generic one off eBay because it’s desperately needed, does anyone have experience with these? I even tried to call Epson and they shot me down saying I need to get ahold of a distributor but as mentioned nothing from them and Epson won’t sell me one soo? Any ideas or suggestions appreciated and if anyone has extra let me know loL

fine point

We bought and used Chinese generic take up for 3 years and it did job pretty well.
We had to bolted it to the table which our laminator was sitting.
I am not sure how you attach it to S40. We had the same printer too. It was impossible to get the tech come out to our shop and it broke down twice in 3 years. When it broke down the last time, I said enough and got a Roland. I had 2 payments left on S40 but it made us enough money to pay for it in first 3 months. I have no regret.

Good luck!

CanuckSigns

Email a follow up to your dealer and copy epson on it, explain that you want pricing on a replacement and they haven't been able to get you one, epson will like to know their dealer isn't following up on service requests and sort it out.