• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Announces Discontinuation of all Flatbed Printers

Tom Dalton

I can't comment on the Ion, because we never owned one.

The speed and resolution on the CAT-UV are fine (1058 x 720 dpi at 14 picoliter). I know that they increased the resolution when going from the ION to the CAT-UV.

As for speed, it can print a 4x8 in 6 minutes on the lowest quality. Yea, it would take an hour for the same 4x8 on the very highest quality. We print the bulk of our signs on the middle level and it takes about 20 minutes for a 4x8.

So far it has performed flawlessly.

Does anyone know if the CAT-UV uses KONICA-MINOLTA 14PL heads? The gerber document just says "14 pL heads".

mamabear34

I'm not ging to get into a "pissing" contest here but it's all about the "size" of the inkjet market, it's not there for all of us to make a buck, so we're out.

Cutters, router (Sabre) and Edges and aftermarkets live on.

Perhaps the market would be there had you manufactured a machine that was capable of performing as it was advertised. Maybe Gerber should have ironed out the kinks prior to marketing under what equates to false advertising. A machine that costs upwards of $60000 should be expected to operate properly, and as described in sales literature.

postnetnc133

Curious to know how Gerber is doing now if anything has changed since this thread started 3 yrs ago? Looks like there is only 2 more yrs left on consumables unless something changed?