• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 1 - "Home" feature? (Been using an Edge 2

MarkH42

We have been forced to use an older Edge 1 printer while we consider how to resolve an issue we are having with our Edge 2. We have had this Edge 1 for years as an emergency backup, but we had never used it until recently. My question is, does the printer have a "home" feature like the Edge 2, so that if a problem occurs between one foil color and the next, you can return the printer to the same position and start printing again?

That may be a feature that didn't come out until the Edge 2, but I wanted to be sure that is the case. Any tips on this, or other quirks associated with the Edge 1, would be appreciated. Although it is slow, the print quality is actually better than our Edge 2 as far as small voids in the print. Thanks for your help.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Home feature is present on an Edge 1 LE. I can't say one way or the other on whether or not it is present on the older Edge Classic. If you're unsure how to tell them apart, the Edge Classic opens from the side and the Edge LE opens from the front like the Edge 2 does.

jfiscus

Rap Master
There is no home button. We put a notch in the roll clamp (or was that a factory notch?) and put a dot there with a fine point sharpie whenever doing multi-color runs on our Edge Classic.