• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 2 print head totally shot?

Will308decals

I have been looking for a new gerber edge 2 printer because I was told that I should buy a new one instead of replacing the print head. But the gentleman that i was looking to buy another printer from is being very helpful and I am going to ask anyone out there, is my print head completely shot? Do I need a new one? If so where can I find one? Or should I just buy a new printer? I am 17 years old trying to start my own decals business for football helmets and I got screwed on a deal and bought this printer just to see that I can’t print due to the bad print head. I am truly disappointed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 406

Jburns

If you find a printhead, and its priced right it should be 1K or more. I have only seen maybe two for sale in 4 plus years.

Best to find an older LE or original FTP style that still has a good head. user can run a print test. Oh and dont trust standard shipping companies - etc. I have been buying and selling edges for 5 plus years- so many get smashed in the front end due to improper shipping.
If you do then there is an entire process of changing the head - takes alot of time, and especially with alignment - it has to be exactly / precisely the same as the old one. etc....

jfiscus

Rap Master
What have you tried cleaning that printhead with? You should ONLY use 99% ISO Alcohol to clean it , try cleaning it a few more times and see if it gets better. It looks like it has tape stuck on it. I've never seen one print as bad as the sample you're showing me due to a bad head, usually it is just a couple of the pixels permanently gone out/off.

Will308decals

What have you tried cleaning that printhead with? You should ONLY use 99% ISO Alcohol to clean it , try cleaning it a few more times and see if it gets better. It looks like it has tape stuck on it. I've never seen one print as bad as the sample you're showing me due to a bad head, usually it is just a couple of the pixels permanently gone out/off.
I tried cleaning it but it is not tape. The green part that should be over top of that part has been completely worn off, the metal below the green part of the head is what is showing