• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge FX foil issue

Caitlin

Hi everyone,
We just got a new FX over the holidays and I have only been working with it for a week or so and it has already given me some troubles, most of which were related to the lack of knowledge we had going into this with regards to the new foils versus the Edge 1 we had before.

However, when we ordered the FX we were offered a choice of a certain number of Gerber foils for it and we included the two "new" colours, Electric Green and Fireball Red. But the FX does not recognize these colours? I can select them in Composer, they have the RFID tags and it can identify the length remaining but when it usually says "Need Colour" it says Need Unknown, Have Unknown and then when I try to proceed it just says Unknown Foil! and I have no choice but to cancel.

Has anyone run into this problem? As I said, I haven't been working with the FX long enough and the instruction manual has nothing about this of course. Maybe it's a simple fix but these are Gerber foils and I can't see why they won't work when the rest do. :banghead:

Thanks!! :thankyou:

Caitlin

idsignsil

Was the FX brand new, or new to you? You may need to update the firmware on the FX so that it recognizes the new foils.

I recently went to a Gerber user group seminar/meeting and was told about Gerber MTS Sandbox. It has all kinds of help and knowledge.

http://www.gspinc.com/default.asp?contentID=316

I think you can get to the main page and update your firmware from here as well.
Hope this helps.

Caitlin

Was the FX brand new, or new to you? You may need to update the firmware on the FX so that it recognizes the new foils.

I recently went to a Gerber user group seminar/meeting and was told about Gerber MTS Sandbox. It has all kinds of help and knowledge.

http://www.gspinc.com/default.asp?contentID=316

I think you can get to the main page and update your firmware from here as well.
Hope this helps.

The firmware was the problem! Installed the update, and ran a sample and both foils work fine now.

The FX is brand new but it must not have had this update on it. Thanks again :thumb: