• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Gerber Edge FX not registering overprint colors

mmblarg

Hey all! Gerber's tech support is closed on Fridays, so while we wait, I was hoping someone here might have an answer.

We have a Gerber Edge FX that we use with Flexi and send the RIP files through Flexi's Production Manager. There are two computers: Computer A is running Windows XP and has Flexi 8.0. Computer B is running Windows 7 Pro and has Flexi 10.5.1.

The problem is Computer B can send all print jobs EXCEPT any file with an overprint. Computer A on the other hand can send all files without issue (but this computer is an old beast we are wanting to replace.)

When we send a file with 3 separate colors that are not touching, the Gerber will see these perfectly fine, roll back, and print without issue. But if these three colors overlap and have an overprint set, Gerber will only register the one color without the overprint and will not roll back.

We have had to rely on computer A for all overprint files as a work around, but this will no longer work as a solution.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jburns

good question, and I used to run my Gerber on Flexi 8, haven't tried it on my flexi 11...

Gerber would likely tell you since using flexi, they can't really offer suggestions.

Are you using a choke / spread function? on files when I ran on 8, I used to slightly overlap the shapes like .01 inch or so.
Can you see overlap in wireframe mode?

mmblarg

good question, and I used to run my Gerber on Flexi 8, haven't tried it on my flexi 11...

Gerber would likely tell you since using flexi, they can't really offer suggestions.

Are you using a choke / spread function? on files when I ran on 8, I used to slightly overlap the shapes like .01 inch or so.
Can you see overlap in wireframe mode?

I'm not sure what the choke/spread might be, but we do add a small bleed on colors that overlap (in both flexi 8 and flexi 10.5.) This is just so overlapping colors fully cover the base color like white.