• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Gerber Edge FX - Part Broken

stitchup

Good morning all from the sunny UK.

So I went to our shop this morning to print off 2500 labels. The first colour printed great but when I withdrew the foil a part came out with it!

This is the part:

and it should be located here:
The left

The part seems to be a locator for the foil reel and doesn't do any driving, it just locates the reel and allows it to spin. The part doesn't spin itself as it's screwed into the chassis and it's this small screw that's snapped!

Anyone got any experienced of this happening or a quick fix to get me going again?

Thanks

John

stitchup

Thanks Fred, as always, there to help :)

I actually used a circle of 3M double sided tape to fix the part in place. It's usually screwed but looks as if the screw has snapped!

Having removed the rear cover I could see what the part does - When the foil cassette lowers into position, this part forms part of a rod that slides out and pushes the cassette so that the drive gear on the other side of the cassette engages into the reel.

Now I need to find the part as even though I've attached it, it doesn't appear to be working correctly and I've had to manually push the cassette sideways to ensure the drive gear engages.

Thanks

John

stitchup

While on the 'broken' subject!

Does anyone have a parts reference manual and assembly details for the FX?

TIA

John

FLETCH

While on the 'broken' subject!

Does anyone have a parts reference manual and assembly details for the FX?

TIA

John

Hey John,
Were you successful in finding the two items above? If so, would you point me in that direction, as well.

FLETCH

stitchup

Hey John,
Were you successful in finding the two items above? If so, would you point me in that direction, as well.

FLETCH
Sorry for the delay in replying Fletch - I'm afraid I didn't find a parts manual for the FX. If I do, I'll remember to pass it on to you :)

Regards

John