• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge II help!

gnemmas

The foil advancing button not responding. Was printing all day yesterday, at the end when it happened. The machine initials OK. Just the foil button dead. Called tech support, can only leave message. Figured I may get support here faster. Thanks in advance.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You can isolate the problem a bit by trying to print about an inch of width to see if the motor is advancing the foil during printing. If it does then you're probably looking at the control panel module being bad. If that is the case, then you can switch it out for another one without a trip to the factory.

gnemmas

I try your suggestion, printed 3" strips. The foil is not advancing. When I lift up the cover, the foil is loose, only advanced by the vinyl movement.

gnemmas

OK, one tech support determined that the motor is out. Need to order from Gerber. Any one has a spare motor?