• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber EdgeFX Print Issue?

MFS60r

Hi Guys/Gals,

I'm currently running my Edge Fx through Gerber Omega 2.6. I was printing some decals for a friend and when I print two colors directly next to each other (touching) I occasionally get a very faint white line between the two on white vinyl. Double printing changes nothing. I was hoping someone could lead me in the correct direction to fix this issue. I'm just looking to have a nice print with no visible lines between colors.

Thanks,
Matt

spooledUP7

You need to trap you art with either a trapping feature, stroke, or manually extending the lighter color into the darker object. There are several ways to do it but essentially you will need to locate the overprint feature. I use Flexi vs Omega so I am not familiar with how to enable overprint within Omega. Perhaps someone else will help you there.

FYI Printing with a Gerber Edge/FX is just like screen printing, and once you learn how to prep to print for a gerber then you also know how to prep your art for screen printing.