• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Envision 375 and Edge 2

kyjeeper

Hello all!

I picked up these two items at an auction today, came with foils, etc. Get them home clean em up and power them on and both have issues.

First the Envision: When powered on it never goes through the initialization sequence, it simply powers up starts beeping and displays "abcdefghijklmnopqrst" on the displays (varies between 1, 2, 3, or 4 lines full)

The Edge 2: When powered on it begins initializing and then shows "z-axis home error" I've found searching that either the z-axis sensor is dirty, busted, or disconnected, but I have no idea where the z-axis sensor is to check.

If anyone has any tips (reset button combinations, "they're busted", etc.) I'd love to here them. I've only had cut vinyl as an option and would love to be able to print now as well if I can get these working!

Thanks in advance!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
What price did you get them for?
For starters do a hard reset on the Edge with the hidden key.

kyjeeper

What price did you get them for?
For starters do a hard reset on the Edge with the hidden key.

Lets just say if I needed a new foil for it, that would cost more. ;) Came with several foils as well. Tried a hard reset on the Edge through hidden key. Didnt seem to make any difference. Thanks for the suggestion though!

kyjeeper

Alright, Got the edge going (unplugged and reconnected the 3 sensors I could find). Now the main problem (I think) is that the test print is a long about a 1/16" and then a hairline and nothing else. I assume the printhead is dead and needs replacing? I tried cleaning it to no avail.