• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Envision Cutting Issues 15" Sprocket Plotter

JustinSBT

Looking for help on getting our Gerber Envision cutting properly again. I have read A LOT of threads on here and tried just about everything. I am not sure if its software or hardware. We first replaced a new blade. Next we ordered an replaced the entire carriage assembly. I have tried a few adjustments in force, speed, acceleration, and corners. It almost seems like a hard "knocking" when going back and forth. Im familiar with the typical grinding noise but this hard "knocking" seems new. We were really hoping replacing a new 2000.00 carriage would solve the issues - Yes we calibrated with the weight it came with - Still wont cut right and we are not sure what to try to do next. Please Help. Thanks In Advance!!!
Cutting Issue.jpg

FunkotronXL

Is the knocking sound when the tool lifts up and down? If you already swapped the carriage it may be a handful of things.

Try these steps:
1. Check ribbon cables connection to the z-board just underneath the carriage (easy for these to not be fully seated)
2. Run a factory default reset on the plotter (hold F1 and Cancel buttons on startup until you hear a long beep), and then, redo the calibration with the weight process (note this will reset all material settings and rules)

Adam.Foster

Try cutting the test job built into the Envision. What happens with that? if that doesn't cut call into Gerber service at 800-828-5406 for a tech to call you back and help diagnose the problem.