• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Gerber matte foil?

Will308decals

I know gerber used to sell a matte clear foil, but I now can’t find it anywhere being sold. Did gerber change the name of the matte foil or quit making it all together?

If they quit making it, what is the best way to go about matte decals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billct2

I don't remember a Matte Clear, but I always though the Edge finish was too dull anyhow and usually cleared it with something like FrogJuice.
You could try the abrasion guard that seems to have a low lustre finish

ego198

I know gerber used to sell a matte clear foil, but I now can’t find it anywhere being sold. Did gerber change the name of the matte foil or quit making it all together?

If they quit making it, what is the best way to go about matte decals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you can achievematte resuts printin onto directly matte vinyl, you can print onte matter or gloss vinyls. then to apply OVER the print, you can manualle apply a cold matte laminate, by hand or with manual laminator, also the same for hot lamination.
And you also have abrasion guard or uv guard to apply like a colour with the printer, in this case for they are semy gloss but i guess there is one type of "foil" guard more matte...

I've used Krylon matte clear sprays, especially the Fusion line. Several light passes--too heavy and the vinyl can "wrinkle" along the edges while it's on the release liner.