• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Maxx 2 Is it worth buying?

toucan_graphics

I came across a Gerber Maxx 2 for sale for what seems to be a great price and I'm considering buying, but before I do, is it worth the money? What is the long term costs? Are the foils readily available? Do the prints REALLY not need laminating? (I find this claim a bit overstated)

Thanks

jfiscus

Rap Master
Steer far, far away from this. We have two Edges and they are great, but I have heard nothing but bad things about the maxx we used to have here.

hotrod46

To the Maxx

Gerber has ceased all support for this printer and the last I heard was trading people out
of them for Edges.
However, owning a DC-4 (54") I can atest that without any overlam, the output will last over
4 years in Florida. A solvent print on vinyl without an overlam will not go this distance.
Thermal printing on a Summa has some huge advantages for a signmaker that does a small
amount of digital printing and though I have 3 other printers for various things, I don't think
I could be without it. If this is your first digital printer, look for a used DC-4sx (30") for about
$6500.

visual800

Gerber really dropped the ball on this printer and I think its a shame as to how they dropped support on such a POS! A larger company in ur town had one and it was ALWAYS down. the crew that ran it hated it and finally it sat for several years as Gerber said SEE YA!