• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber omega 7.0

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
I spent the $345. And upgraded from 6.5 to 7 and must say I like some of the new features
Hot folder - save templates- user selected vinyl, spot and process foils in vinyl select area for easy access - improved back cut and a few more
Easy upgrade using usb - no issues and everything migrated to new Program including jobs , settings and plotter / FX settings - after updating I was up and running jobs with no issues
main reason I upgraded was my program was getting buggy and I didn’t want to reinstall and have to redo all the updates, the $345 update was cheaper (in my opinion ) than the time I would have spent reinstalling and updating so now it’s time to watch YouTube videos of new features while jobs are printing ...... updating from older versions can be pricey, many vendors are running specials so if you’re thinking of biting the bullet check around
So all in all I’m glad I did it and I’ll let you know if I run into any bugs or horror stories .
-Day two and still no issues -

Ready

Ready To Go
I spent the $345. And upgraded from 6.5 to 7 and must say I like some of the new features
Hot folder - save templates- user selected vinyl, spot and process foils in vinyl select area for easy access - improved back cut and a few more
Easy upgrade using usb - no issues and everything migrated to new Program including jobs , settings and plotter / FX settings - after updating I was up and running jobs with no issues
main reason I upgraded was my program was getting buggy and I didn’t want to reinstall and have to redo all the updates, the $345 update was cheaper (in my opinion ) than the time I would have spent reinstalling and updating so now it’s time to watch YouTube videos of new features while jobs are printing ...... updating from older versions can be pricey, many vendors are running specials so if you’re thinking of biting the bullet check around
So all in all I’m glad I did it and I’ll let you know if I run into any bugs or horror stories .
-Day two and still no issues -

Hello Jeff,

My source for this is Tubelite. Who did you get it from, if you don't mind my asking. Tubelite has been a challenge to work with for the past 8 months or so!.

Thanks... Bob P

VinylWorksLLC

Did they make any changes to the way they catalog fonts? I do not understand why they assign a font number to each system that uses it as opposed to the font itself. So frustrating.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Hello Jeff,

My source for this is Tubelite. Who did you get it from, if you don't mind my asking. Tubelite has been a challenge to work with for the past 8 months or so!.

Thanks... Bob P
Hyatt’s promo through gerber - delivered in 2 days

Attachments

• D407A86B-DAB7-47B7-8AD7-C599BA4A6AB5.png
    D407A86B-DAB7-47B7-8AD7-C599BA4A6AB5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 193

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Did they make any changes to the way they catalog fonts? I do not understand why they assign a font number to each system that uses it as opposed to the font itself. So frustrating.

No same system - trying to delete unused fonts is a pain having to look by # . Maybe if enough people suggest a change it will happen in a future update-

Adam.Foster

This HAS CHANGED!
The Gerber font system dates back to windows 3.1 days when you could only have 8 character file names. To keep everything working when customers upgrade they kept the font system in place using 8 numbers for the font name. Before when you converted a font it would set the file name to "t#######.gsf". NOW its t then a number and then the actual font name. So if you converted the true type font "cooper black" it would now be named. "t#######.Cooper Black.gsf" the original fonts that come standard with Omega are still 8 digit numbers. Its best to use the Omega Font Manager to install and uninstall fonts. The Omega Font manager also allows you to see all of the characters in that specific font and even type in your own word or words to see what they look like in different fonts. Other than backing up your fonts you should never need to use windows file manager to look at fonts.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
This HAS CHANGED!
The Gerber font system dates back to windows 3.1 days when you could only have 8 character file names. To keep everything working when customers upgrade they kept the font system in place using 8 numbers for the font name. Before when you converted a font it would set the file name to "t#######.gsf". NOW its t then a number and then the actual font name. So if you converted the true type font "cooper black" it would now be named. "t#######.Cooper Black.gsf" the original fonts that come standard with Omega are still 8 digit numbers. Its best to use the Omega Font Manager to install and uninstall fonts. The Omega Font manager also allows you to see all of the characters in that specific font and even type in your own word or words to see what they look like in different fonts. Other than backing up your fonts you should never need to use windows file manager to look at fonts.

I might have to check this out then if they've finally improved font handling. One thing we run into almost daily, is when opening files on a different computers it will result in font errors, claiming "the font" (usually something stupid simple like Arial) isn't installed, even though it's installed on every computer. Very frustrating. Basically smart edit doesn't carry over multiple computers for no apparent reason.

Adam.Foster

I might have to check this out then if they've finally improved font handling. One thing we run into almost daily, is when opening files on a different computers it will result in font errors, claiming "the font" (usually something stupid simple like Arial) isn't installed, even though it's installed on every computer. Very frustrating. Basically smart edit doesn't carry over multiple computers for no apparent reason.
Unfortunately, that will still happen if you converted True type fonts on multiple computers. You need to set 1 system as a master for converting fonts then copy that Omega font folder to the other computers or link it over a network. Old files will still have problems but new files will then match up going forward.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Unfortunately, that will still happen if you converted True type fonts on multiple computers. You need to set 1 system as a master for converting fonts then copy that Omega font folder to the other computers or link it over a network. Old files will still have problems but new files will then match up going forward.

Ah ok. Gotcha. Well that is still helpful, so thanks!

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We don’t use Omega any more, but years ago I saw this problem, so we established all the fonts on a network drive. It wasn’t intuitive to set up that way, but it saved a lot of hassle because everyone was accessing the same set of fonts.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
What do you mean?
Do you want to know where to find and download and install version 7.0?
What version of GAMA software is your dongle from?
mine was just a USB (upgrade 6.5 -> 7 ) , plugged in in and followed the directions . updated my dongle and software to 7 with no issues some older ver. of omega need a new dongle hence the difference in pricing

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Can someone walk me through how to install 7.0? The dongle just seems to have 30 .h2w files on it.
mine was just a USB (upgrade 6.5 -> 7 ) , plugged in in and followed the directions . updated my dongle and software to 7 with no issues some older ver. of omega need a new dongle hence the difference in pricing