• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Rain is Pouring

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Ok... what's it mean if the Edge stops about 6 inches into a print and a window comes up with:Overlap I/O event is not in a signaled state. (996) line 732?
I'm outa guesses and tries. Anything I attempt further gives me a Data Error on the machine readout LED.
Thanks/Dave

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The first two things I would suggest are:

1. Turn off the Edge and disconnect the printer cable. Turn it back on and see if will boot up correctly. If it does, then turn off the Edge and your computer. Remake connection with both ends of the printer cable. Turn on the Edge, if it boots okay then restart your computer. Before printing the file again, check for a .PRM file with the same file name and delete it.

2. Check for loss of ground both the wall outlet and, primarily, the braided strap that runs from the lower chassis to the upper chassis.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Tried all that Fred, and even the NEW cable onhand (I always buy 2 of anything computer related!). Still same message. Have tried the print 4 times now when it all seems ok, and each time it stops in precisely the same spot in the job.
BTW... does an Edge beep ONCE booting up normally? (can't find manual). This one beeps in twice with a short pause, then twice more.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I recently had a similar problem. Printing stopped in the same spot on multiple attempts.
It ended up being file related. I was very surprised because it was a pretty simple 3 color vector print.
Have you tried a different file?