• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Gerber Sabre 408 issues

signfabshop

Hello, I have been working with a Gerber Sabre 408 flatbed router for a few years and I have a new issue I can't seem to solve on my own. We recently had to get a new computer and router motor. the software is the Artpath 7.0 the new router motor is a Bora. This is our second Bora head the first one broke within a year. The issue is when I send a file to route it will route fine one time. The next time I try and send a file it will send over to the router and it will act like it wants to route but the motor doesn't spin. It will go down and start to move across the x and y axis but never starts to spin. My only work around now is to let the machine sit idle for about a hour or so and try again. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I've let it sit idle with the machine still on and it seems to take longer to "reset" or cool down or what ever it needs to do than when I turn it off to let it "reset".

nsm

Couple questions?

Have you updated the spindle drive software since the upgrade.

Is the spindle chilled? If so, have you confirmed you are getting flow?

It sounds like the drive is going in to an error state. Depending on the drive you may be able to monitor your screen or plug straight into the drive and check for error states.

hozette

Sign Designer, Production Manager
I have had that happen before, I alway shutdown everything, computer and router. Sometimes I will scan the computer before restarting the router and it usually clears it up. make sure you are sending out to rout and not accidently hitting plot because if you hit plot instead of rout it will go though the motions but not spin.
hope this helps.