• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber StaticCling & Temperature

signage

I am having a problem with Gerber Static Cling adhering to an outside single pane window (this is reversed printed and placed on the inside of the window). The stuff worked when I put it on but the customer called and said it is no longer staying on the window! I went and looked today and it has seemed to have lost its static! It there a temperature range that static cling works, and if so what is it? Any suggestions? TIA

signage

The material no longer seems to have the cling! Are you saying if you use soap and water it will come back?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The material no longer seems to have the cling! Are you saying if you use soap and water it will come back?

I wouldn't say it makes it come back but it softens the cling and, with the help of a window cleaning squeegee, will go down air tight and bubble free and stay stuck until removed. We do it that way for vehicles in high heat all the time.

signage

Thanks for the information, but that did not answer my question! So I checked with Gerber and they say it has an application temperature minimum of 40 degrees, and that is why it is happening! So I posted this in case any one else has a problem!