• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting our new site ready for 2012.

Dentafrice

Looks really nice! It took a while to load the images for the slider/carousel though... Nearly 5.2s before it would load.

Might need to work on those I/O times!

BALLPARK

The site looks great!!!

The work you create would look good on a website created by monkies. Simply put... Your work is amazing and the website looks good too..lol.

signswi

A few suggestions:

Change your permalink structure to /%postname%/, a lot of your pages aren't showing pretty urls. That's a problem for visitors trying to link to you and more importantly to search engines. :) Once you do resubmit your sitemap if you aren't using a plugin that auto-submits (I have to again recommend WordPress SEO over All-In-One SEO, not even close), and make sure to set up 301 redirects.

Loving the background color change effect with the slider, really gives a great ambiance and it's a clever approach. However you could benefit from running those images (and all images on your site) through smush.it for better lossless compression. It will shave another 10-40% off load times on some of those images. There's also a WordPress plugin (WP Smush.it) you can install that will automatically smush any image uploaded through the media uploader.

I'd also recommend installing Quick Cache to speed up the site, serving cached content is way faster for a dynamic CMS like WordPress. It'll cut way down on server resource usage too.

And finally, Museo's license allows for true web fonts (@font-face), which I'd recommend instead of Cufon for various reasons. Something else to think about. I still have Cufon on a few sites of mine but I've been moving them all over to @font-face for the past couple of years and really liking it.

Cheers, keep up the great work.