• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting printer ready for storage

Flame

Hey guys, wanted to see if I could get your opinions. What should I do to get my printer ready for storage? I just replaced my Mutoh Valuejet and am putting my old one up for sale. I don't know how long it will be sitting so want to take proper care of the heads. Should I run an ink flush? Fire it up every couple days for a cleaning... suggestions?

Jackpine

Run an ink flush. This will clean the head and ink lines. Empty ink waste containers and clean everything you can with cleaning solution and swabs.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Not sure I would flush it unless your willing to sell it dirt cheap. I would think potential buyers would want to see it print and a nozzle check before they buy it.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Often 1 flush is not enough. I would do 1 automatic flush, empty the line manually, flush with solvent solution again. Change out dampers and cap tops. Make sure it is done right or the printhead needed be changed when power up. Do at your own risk.

Francis

Not sure I would flush it unless your willing to sell it dirt cheap. I would think potential buyers would want to see it print and a nozzle check before they buy it.

+1+1 If someone wants to buy it even from far out they are going to want to see some prints, unless it is such a good deal it doesnt' matter what they look like. I would run it for a little every day or so and really push to sell. Craigslist, ebay, digitsmith, signs101, pennysaver, etc.