• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting rid of 30" JV3 and CG75-fx

MikeD

Hi,
I'm trying to find a fair market value price for a 30" JV3 and accompanying CG75-FX plotter. Both are in good shape. The printer has been in storage (prepped by a tech) and the plotter works. We have them in storage, but want the space back. The office next door is interested in buying them, but I don't know what to charge.
$6000.00?
3 for the printer
2 for the plotter
1for a full dual CMYK inkset
How does that sound to you?

My boss wants it outta here and said if I don't sell it he's gonna junk it. I kills me to see money going in the trash!
Of course, he's rich and I'm NOT!:banghead:

Thanks for the advice!

MikeD

sounds like my price is high...
we are not looking to make a lot of money off the sale; it just seems silly to give it away to another print shop. If I was I'd going to give it a school or something.

I was approached by the business next door, and I'm just looking for a fair price to give him.

MikeD

Thanks for the advice, Mosh.

As for the inks, I will buy a full set: $1,000.00. As I stated above, this unit has been in storage. I won't sell it to anyone without filling it up and doing a test print. If everything works then the guy will in fact pay for the ink. If it turns out to not work for whatever reason, there is a shop down the road that will buy the remaining ink from me to use in their printer. I'm no trying to make money off the sale- the printer has paid for itself many times over.

I will go with Mosh's suggestion. Thanks again.