• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting weird outline on mouth, eyes, hands, skin on banner

limmer88

Working on a school project, we are getting strange orange, black, red outline on mouth, hands, nose, hairline, etc when printing using VG-640 machine. We use CorelDraw 2019. Can't figure this out so any help is appreciated. I will attach an image.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_8332.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8332.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 342

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Kind of looks like over saturation. Try turning the heat up. Also, print the same file on some other material and see if it does the same thing.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Looks like ink pooling... density is likely too high. Try another profile, reduce ink loading or try another material.
We used to get this on a certain brand of canvas material. Only thing that fixed it in that instance was using something else entirely.

Andy D

I agree with the above suggestions, but if they don't help, some color profiles suck at the gradiations of shadows.
I would size down and rip the same picture using several profile.

unclebun

It looks like overoptimization and posterization. It's possible that someone used Photoshop to "enhance" the photo and make it "punchier". Sometimes this is the result. Otherwise, it could be your sign software or RIP which is doing the same thing.

decalman

I would recommend he cut down on dairy, and leave the pork alone.
Allow fresh air in room during sleeping.