• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GF HTAP 201-AE - Looking for suitable application tape

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Long story short, we ran a large job on this material (General Formulations 201 HTAP-AE), laminated w/ cast gloss, kiss-cut, masked with 3M SCPS-55.

Customer went to install and premask won't lift the vinyl off the liner. (No small details either)

If anyone has worked with this stuff, you know how hard it is to lift it off the liner, even sheets are hard to peel.

Anyways, we need to find an application tape that will work with this material - anyone have any experience/recommendations?

I tried everything we have in-house and not one of them will lift shape cut decals. Laminated, unlaminated, doesn't matter. Cut weight is dialed in and not scoring the liner whatsoever.

signheremd

Haven't used 201HTAP, but can say 3M SCPS-55 or R-Tape 4075 Conform RLA do not stick real well to GF 226HTR and MacTac Rebel 228H. They will work, but you have to remove the wax liner from the masked vinyl, not the vinyl from the waxed liner. Might try 4076 Conform RLA Higher Tack or 4885 Super Tack Appli Tapes from R-Tape.