• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GFP Laminators

mikeefly

We are looking at a GFP 300 series laminator and wanted to see if anyone had any good/bad experiences with them. Thanks

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
We sell the GFP but only as a secondary option to the Kala. The Kala machines cost more but will last a lot longer and they track straight....and if the nip ever gets off, it self-resets the nip in 2 minutes. The GFP laminators are a great price point or a good option for people who aren't going to use them as much....but the Kala is a better investment. If taken care of, it should last you 10-20 years.

mikeefly

We sell the GFP but only as a secondary option to the Kala. The Kala machines cost more but will last a lot longer and they track straight....and if the nip ever gets off, it self-resets the nip in 2 minutes. The GFP laminators are a great price point or a good option for people who aren't going to use them as much....but the Kala is a better investment. If taken care of, it should last you 10-20 years.
Thanks. I'll check those out also. I appreciate the feedback from everyone.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Never used a Kala, but we laminate a LOT of vinyl on our GFP machines, and they track very straight and run w/o issues all day every day.
Find & buy from a local dealer no matter what you're interested in, service will be needed eventually.

johnnysigns

We just got a GFP 563TH and have been happy with it. We replaced a monster AGL unit that was a mess. We can't do hot melt lams with the GFP, but so far it hasn't hurt us in the least bit.

AKA TRE

355TH Owner here. Been happy with it overall, and any issues that I have had with it were 100% my fault. Also the heat works great for laminating UV DTF Transfers or if you want to laminate hard substrates.

Goatshaver

Another GFP 363TH owner here. Been very happy with with it over the last year. Only issues I've had were just me from learning the operation of it.