• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ghost Reflective - Dark Gray Truck

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
when printing reflective vinyl, does the printed color area still reflect.. I have tried a few times and never get it to be really reflective where the ink layer is put down. Maybe I'm laying to much ink down, maybe a custom profile is needed.

What type of printer are you using?

Material-wise, I use IJ680CR with 8518 laminate. The Oracal is too dark for Engineer Grade, and Arlon requires I bake the s.o.b. for it to stick to a vehicle.
Printing: for the Mutoh printers, I modified a 3M Prem G profile to make it work for me and I doublestrike it so the colors kick. The HP at the 9-5'er, I use the IJ180 profile in Onyx, but tell the printer that it's IJ680CR, so it prints 12p but heats up properly for the IJ680CR.

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
What type of printer are you using?

Material-wise, I use IJ680CR with 8518 laminate. The Oracal is too dark for Engineer Grade, and Arlon requires I bake the s.o.b. for it to stick to a vehicle.
Printing: for the Mutoh printers, I modified a 3M Prem G profile to make it work for me and I doublestrike it so the colors kick. The HP at the 9-5'er, I use the IJ180 profile in Onyx, but tell the printer that it's IJ680CR, so it prints 12p but heats up properly for the IJ680CR.
Epson S80600L printer is what I am using, I ordered a role of the Oracle 5600 fleet grade white reflective to give that a try