• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Giant Channel Letter Type Cabinet

UFB Fabrication

How so?

His location is very wet and damp, very tropical. LED's would die with the extreme climate and moisture, fluorescent lamps are affected on the amount of starts and you would have to replace the whole cabinet every 18 months to 2 years. Do a good 15/13mm Tri-phosphor white grids, load them up properly and you'll never have to worry about service for a decent score at a minimum depending on how good the processing was.

You are looking at a industry proven 15-20 year lamp life

X2

I would mount the trans remote because that will likely be the part that is likely to fail. The neon (done properly) will be working when the guy has moved or gone out of business. If its 3 feet of the ground I would do flex face as a big seam from a pan face wont look great up close.

J Hill Designs

Too many times dealing with hard-to access neon wiring...color me jaded. One piece of glass in the exact center busted by a quick short-to-ground would be awful...probable be a multi-transformer install anyways, so if they are remote installed, the longer home-runs would only jeopardize it IMO

Like any installation, LED, Neon, Fluorescent, you will always see some bad ones.

With remote trannys right behind the wall, the runs will be short if you plan your grid out right. Check your CCFL load with a high voltage probe and your good as gold.

Now, if this sign was going in Canada with cold climates, LED's!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're in over your head.

I'm not sure when the last time I saw a sign this size and shape only three feet off the ground. I doubt that would pass any codes. If you could use a second locking retainer, possibly...... but not with what you have drawn.

Most places don't want a sign that a passerby could access the panels and start messing around. Lawsuit waiting to happen.

UFB Fabrication

You're in over your head.

I'm not sure when the last time I saw a sign this size and shape only three feet off the ground. I doubt that would pass any codes. If you could use a second locking retainer, possibly...... but not with what you have drawn.

Most places don't want a sign that a passerby could access the panels and start messing around. Lawsuit waiting to happen.

1/2 the little townships around the St. Louis area are not allowing many pole signs and are making folks do monuments.

At 3 feet I might take another look at using a flex face if it in a vandel prone or high pedestrian traffic area.