• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

God I hate these type of customers

PromoGuyTy

CSDD... i think i'd have been laughing so hard when this guy call, i wouldn't have been able to speak!

What do you mean you shouldn't have done it...it's the greatest thing EVER!!!!

+1

I can only hopt that one day I have the opportunity and guts to try such a thing!

:supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie::supersmilie:

W

wetgravy

3 weeks later I get a postcard in the mail and guess what. My statement was still on there. 1 week later I get a call from the guy yelling and screaming at me that he is getting calls from people yelling at him and telling him that they would never do business with a company who steals other peoples work. I laughed and I said well I told you in the email and also on the contract you signed that you can not reproduce my designs with out my consent unless you purchase the rights to the designs. Plus you should have read the card again before you had them printed.

That is amazing. Cudos.

TheSnowman

I never got paid but I have never heard from the guy again.
I had a seal coat guy that wasted more time of mine than I can even figure up with his petty little jobs, do this to me too. He came to get his stuff, and got out his wallet, then put it back in his pocket when he started talking about "bringing something by tomorrow", and he walked out the door w/o paying. Well, the next day, week, month came, and he never brought the stuff by he was going to drop off. He came in about two months later, saying how quickly I should do this next job for him, and I informed him that he didn't pay for the LAST job yet. He accused me of trying to rip him off, and I told him that's fine, he didn't have to pay, but never come back to my shop again, cause I'm not doing business with him.

Best decision I ever made! I was glad to pay to get rid of him.

Colin

Here's an email I've just had:

Customer: "How much would it cost to buy/print a low-cost sandwich board with custom images/text?"

Me: "I would need to know what type of sandwich board you want (see website).

I would also need to know what the artwork looks like, or if you don't have it yet designed, what you want on it."

Customer: "I’m just gathering quotes for now. Basically, we’d want the cheapest sandwich board."

Me: "That's fine, but in order to provide a quote, I need to know some of the details. Just like if I asked someone "How much is a house?" or "How much is a car?" I would be met with numerous questions clarifying what kind of house or car I wanted.

The one component that will dictate the price the most is what you want on the sign. Does it simply say "OPEN" in red letters, or is it a full digital print?

I need to know these things in order to give a price."

*Pounds head on desk*

showcase 66

+1

I can only hopt that one day I have the opportunity and guts to try such a thing!

I usually just come up with the ideas for friends and family and call them chicken chit when they dont do it. I usually never do it myself because I am always afraid of the backlash I may receive. In this case I was just in the right mood.

Blazingsun

Here's an email I've just had:

Customer: "How much would it cost to buy/print a low-cost sandwich board with custom images/text?"

Me: "I would need to know what type of sandwich board you want (see website).

I would also need to know what the artwork looks like, or if you don't have it yet designed, what you want on it."

Customer: "I’m just gathering quotes for now. Basically, we’d want the cheapest sandwich board."

Me: "That's fine, but in order to provide a quote, I need to know some of the details. Just like if I asked someone "How much is a house?" or "How much is a car?" I would be met with numerous questions clarifying what kind of house or car I wanted.

The one component that will dictate the price the most is what you want on the sign. Does it simply say "OPEN" in red letters, or is it a full digital print?

I need to know these things in order to give a price."

*Pounds head on desk*

When I get these types that are looking for Prices and can't get info from them, I tell'em between $100 to 1 Million..that usually ends the call. or they start given up more information. but than I don't quote over the phone..

W

wetgravy

quoting over the phone is a lot like trying to juice an orange without breaking the rind. I hate those calls. Generally when they ask for a quote without giving up details ... it's another sign shop trying to see what their competition is quoting.

JasperST

I tell them that there are too many options that effect the price and they would need to come in. A few do and I almost always end up doing the job.

One guy said he didn't want to waste the gas so I said that I didn't want to waste my time.

I'm seeing more and more of this stuff, people are used to retail price matching or beating prices by 5%, etc. I sometimes explain that we are not a retail store to help them understand.

Colin

I tell them that there are too many options that effect the price and they would need to come in. A few do and I almost always end up doing the job.

I'm seeing more and more of this stuff, people are used to retail price matching or beating prices by 5%, etc. I sometimes explain that we are not a retail store to help them understand.

Yes, that's where the problem lies; our society/culture has literally been "trained" to shop in a retail fashion - the lowest price - failing to appreciate that that approach does not work for something custom made, and especially custom designed, and even more importantly something which will likely have an effect on the success level of their business! Don't get me started.

One guy said he didn't want to waste the gas so I said that I didn't want to waste my time.

Beautiful. Can I use that?

W

wetgravy

Had one come in today who wanted to know how to use her cricut to make lettering for her husbands truck today. After 20 minutes of telling her I have no idea how to use a cricut and that I would have no problem making the graphics here ... she got the point that i'm not in the business of training.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Had one come in today who wanted to know how to use her cricut to make lettering for her husbands truck today. After 20 minutes of telling her I have no idea how to use a cricut and that I would have no problem making the graphics here ... she got the point that i'm not in the business of training.

You should have asked her to bring it down so you could show her how it can be used to etch 16g sheet metal.

wayne k
guam usa