• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold and Reflective Striping

NickB

I'm looking to do a few Fire Apparatus coming up. I'm just curious where you guys get your striping. Right now I need white reflective striping w/ application tape in 1"-6" at every increment. (1,2,3...etc). We've tried what I believe was Universal Products Brand, which the installers weren't too impressed by.

The other product we would be looking for is Gold Engine Turn, Metalic, and Leaf that also sells the same product in a larger eco-solvent compatible roll for printing. The striping size would be around 1/2" at the smallest.

All suggestions appreciated.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We make our own striping here to match any department's particular pattern. Gerber Omega software and Gerber printers/plotters are a specialty niche combo for work like this. They will print and plot ANY length of striping perfectly every time. Especially effective if you need something like a 1-4-1 pattern, or striping with pinstriped outlines, or multi-color striping. If you don't have this and don't want to learn it, then you could just outsource it to another local company with the capability.

DO NOT use the Universal (junk) product on something like fire engines. Use quality reflective like 3M 280 reflective series, and for Chevrons use the Reflexite/Oracal product or 3M Diamond Grade.
Don't use Oracal regular reflective either just to be cheap, it will fail.

For engine turned gold, etc, I recommend using RealGold products.

NickB

We make our own striping here to match any department's particular pattern. Gerber Omega software and Gerber printers/plotters are a specialty niche combo for work like this. They will print and plot ANY length of striping perfectly every time. Especially effective if you need something like a 1-4-1 pattern, or striping with pinstriped outlines, or multi-color striping. If you don't have this and don't want to learn it, then you could just outsource it to another local company with the capability.

DO NOT use the Universal (junk) product on something like fire engines. Use quality reflective like 3M 280 reflective series, and for Chevrons use the Reflexite/Oracal product or 3M Diamond Grade.
Don't use Oracal regular reflective either just to be cheap, it will fail.

For engine turned gold, etc, I recommend using RealGold products.
Right now I'm looking specifically for 4" White, any recommendations on a company that might do this?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Don't use the 3M Conspicuity tape, unless you REALLY have to. Cut 280 white reflective is the go-to for things like NFPA 4" striping.