• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold Foil

rjssigns

What is the durability of the gold foil? It would be printed on black for a boat transom.

I'm new to the process and don't want to do things twice and hack off a client in the process.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Gold Metallic foil has the second shortest durability (Pink is the lowest) of any foil color. Gold Medal is not rated for outdoor use.

You will not be able to see much of the gold if your print it on black vinyl as it will blend into the black unless you lay down a base coat of white foil first. The best way to print a black and gold reading is to print Spot Black on HP Cast Gold vinyl.

rjssigns

Gold Metallic foil has the second shortest durability (Pink is the lowest) of any foil color. Gold Medal is not rated for outdoor use.

You will not be able to see much of the gold if your print it on black vinyl as it will blend into the black unless you lay down a base coat of white foil first. The best way to print a black and gold reading is to print Spot Black on HP Cast Gold vinyl.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Never thought about printing the black. Learn sumthin' every day.