• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good banner printer??

carnut57

I was hoping to get some feedback on a good start out banner printer. I do a lot of banners with vinyl cut on my Roland GX24. I've been looking around on ebay at a few different printers, but not sure what I NEED to print outdoor banners.

Thanks in advance!

Letterbox Mike

My vote is for Mimaki. We have a JV3 and a JV33 and they can burn through banner material without so much as a hiccup. Banner is heavy and is harder on printers than regular vinyl, Mimakis are built like a tank and stand up to that abuse well. I've heard mixed reviews on how well other lower-end printers like Rolands and Mutohs handle heavy rolls or long runs of banners. I'm sure someone with more experience with those brands will chime in with their experiences.

stickermonkey

I have a JV33 too...I LOVE doing banners with it...I feel like this printer was made to do them. And it's great for all kinds of other prints too. I've printed on a synthetic canvass type material (gorgeous) and poster paper, and of course all kinds of vinyls. And most recently we did a very nice Pop Up trade show set up with a product called Displayback. We have been very impressed with our machine. In the 2 years we've had it...every single challenge we threw at it, it did not dissapoint us.

Kyla