• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good material for unlaminated decals

Davis25r

Good evening all,

As the title says, I am looking for everyones recommendation on some good material for doing unlaminated work.

I have a L26500 and mainly do work in the motorsports realm and laminate everything. But I do get those jobs where laminate is overkill and not needed.

I primarily run Substance PM-2755 and pair it with PL-3150.

But the PM-2755 is so thin when not laminated.

So what does everyone like running for non-lam jobs?

This is probably asked frequently so I apologize. Navigating this site for older forums seems to be a POA on my end.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
haven't tried Substance... but we use Oracal for our "cheap" stickers. We don't really do cheap stickers.... but something came up when it didn't make sense to use 3M. We were doing like 10K candle labels at the time.

victor bogdanov

I've printed on Oracal 651 with roland inks, looks great after years in TX weather. GF222 for thicker stickers, looks great after a few years. Just about any cheap vinyl will hold up for years using OEM inks. cheap briteline vinyl from grimco great too

Goatshaver

I've been using the Substance 3755 for unlaminated items I might do on occasion. If not I will use a 6mil GF gloss or matte if the 3755 is too thin for someone.

weyandsign

The price for Substance is great, except the air egress vinyl still can get air bubbles in it when applying, that's the only downside of it IMO.

RMarshall

Not to digress, but while we're on the topic of laminated vs. unlamented decals are there any rules of thumb as to when a decal should or shouldn't be laminated?
(other than the obvious reason of longevity)